Tutoring options available:
- online options (zoom), no geographical boundaries
- in person options (at Tara's home)
- individual/personalized sessions are best
- can offer group sessions for children with similar needs and strengths (upon request)
Current Tutoring options available
click on pictures to learn more about each type of tutoring offered
Due to the nature of tutoring being a one-on-one option, time is limited for Tara to offer sessions. She would like to offer more sessions, but with her own kids at an age where they still have extra support after school with their own needs, times become more challenging. Day time is easier but Tara recognizes that this isn't an option for most parents or students unless they are being home schooled and can attend a during the day session each week. Group sessions or learning pods are an option based on interest.
Commonly asked questions:
Commonly asked questions:
- How long are sessions? Each session ranges from 30 to 60 minutes typically based on age of child and attention span or personal needs based on time availability of child/family.
- What is the cost per session? See FAQs for more details.
- How often should my child attend a session? This depends on a few factors. Are you able to practice in between sessions? Repetition is the mother of all skill. Once per week is minimum recommendation, twice a week is even better.
- Is there practice provided to take home? Yes, Tara personally prepares before each session with your child. This is not a one size fits all, she evaluates where your child is when they start with her as well as during sessions there are diagnostic check ins. Each child takes home practice resources and tools and will have access to a few online resources as well included in their session price.
- How will I know what Tara is working on with my child? After each session, Tara will provide you with a personalized summary of what your child worked on, here you will understand the process and see the learning happening. This will all be provided in a password protected parent portal.
- How is Tara qualified to tutor my child? Tara is a qualified teacher since 2002. She has continued to take courses regularly, to remain a lifelong learner. Recently, Tara has been taking courses that help her be a better teacher in areas of reading, spelling, writing and the use of sound walls to help children decode and understand rules and patterns of sound, which help them become confident readers. Orton-Gillingham specific courses have been taken for this purpose as she works towards becoming certified. Tara is also completing her certification of Jack Canfield's program called The Success Principles.
- Is this offered online or in person? Both options are available, however while in person, Tara uses multiple resources that help with kinaesthetic learners. If your child is working with Tara live and online for their sessions, she can recommend multiple tools that you can find to have at your home during the sessions.
- Any testimonials or reviews? See our "hello" page for feedback from others.